Thursday 31 January 2013

My sales pitch


OK now comes the sales pitch. If you've read my first post, you knew it was only a matter of time. I write but I also make beaded jewellery (beadsat88). I make necklaces and bracelets - have yet to explore earrings - out of recycled beads. I get bead treasure from charity, bric-a-brac and second hand shops and transform it into new creations. In other words I buy tatty necklaces and cut them up for their beads and sometimes fastenings and rejig, redesign them into new beautiful wares.

Each piece of jewellery is unique and green.....and yellow and pink and red and blue and indeed sometimes genuinely green. You might say each piece contains lots of little histories. Who wore this bead before? Where did it travel? Which bead did it sit next to in its previous incarnation? How did it end up in a charity shop?

So there you go that's my USP - upcycled, recycled, pre-loved beads. And here's the sales pitch: Go on treat yourself. You know it's the green thing to do. Apologies I've just finished the boxed set of Mad Men (series 5) - why oh why did BBC 4 let it go to Sky? - and advertising is running through my veins.

http://folksy.com/shops/beadsat88
www.facebook.com/thefruitiques



A very green green necklace




No comments:

Post a Comment