Thursday 30 May 2013

Atomless

Delightful day out today on an adventure to find another Pantopticon. We found the Atom on a beautiful hillside but we were slightly disappointed (as we were with The Halo if you remember) - according to all the photos on the web there should have been a shiny silver globe within the sculpture but alas it was not there. I guess it was Atomless. When I looked the mysterious disappearance up on t'interweb, it reported that vandals had hacked it off its stand in 2012. Ah well...twas ever thus.

The Atom sans its silver reflective globe

Anyway we had a lovely walk and visited the heart of Wycollar Country Park where we walked through a willow tunnel, fed the ducks and my son and daughter ran up and down many a hill and rock. We had a delightful lunch in an olde worlde café and all was well with the world. Everywhere was silence and serenity.


I would recommend bagging a Pantopticon even if they never quite live up to their publicity. With time something always seems to have gone astray. We are off to the Singing Ringing Tree next. We went there a few years ago but my children can't remember visiting it (too young I guess) - I'm hopeful it will all be there when we arrive and that we will remember it in all its glory.....fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment