Monday 17 June 2013

A wild swim


I love swimming in the open air. I don't mind if it's a lido or open air pool. I especially like wild swimming: a river, a stream, a lake or the sea. It gives you a different perspective. You see the land and the rest of the water from the inside.

On Tiree I got in the sea every day. It was mightily cold but so exhilarating. The clouds, blue sky, wildlife, the beach are seen from an angle you don't normally view them from. I didn't stay in long and I'm not the world's best swimmer but it is wondrous. It's not for everyone - I can't convince my husband even to dip a toe in the water unless it's very very hot.


 But I find it very difficult to resist the heady combination of white sands and blue sky. The water draws me in for a refreshing plunge. Even the sound is different in the sea - splashing, water lapping, bird calls all seem beautifully serene. Give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment