Wednesday 12 June 2013

The deader the better

We went to see my Mum after we got back from Tiree. Of course she asked her grandson what had been the best bits. I wondered what he would say...perhaps the abundant white sandy beaches? The living wildlife? The sunshine? The rocks to climb on and the pools within? No - my son was in no doubt. He had found (well actually my brother's partner had found it) a sheep's skull with upper jaw in tact and that was the 'most awesomest' thing of the week. That was closely followed by another skull but tiny - possibly a hare - that was truly awesome too. Then of course there were all the dismembered crab legs and bodies (not done by us I hasten to add - just by nature and the tide) which both children were blown away with. My little girl walked 2 miles back home from the beach one day with bright orange crabs on her outstretched hand. Dead cool they were!

NB We did see some living creatures too - hares, basking sharks, seals, a buzzard, lots of sea birds, a frog - living cool they were.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment