Saturday 9 February 2013

Little dragon

I'd like to wish our friends Jennie and Kai in Hong Kong and Dawn in England a Happy Chinese New Year for tomorrow.


Apparently it will be the year of the snake. I was born in the year of the snake a long long time ago. Chinese snakes or small dragons as they are also known are not sly and mean like western serpents but charming, passionate, intellectual, intuitive, attractive...oh I could go on. Wouldn't it be lovely to have all those attributes. Feel free, my friends and family, to attest to these glorious qualities in me in the comments section - now don't be shy. I find it all quite fascinating.

Snakes value their privacy, have excellent manners, get easily bored, don't like noisy environments and are passionate about friends and family. Other than the fact I'm writing a blog (where's the privacy in that) I do insist on good table manners from my children, I do get bored easily, I prefer quiet to loud and I do think a lot about the people in my life. Oh yes and we like to be in control - only now do my friends and family want to pipe up in the comments section! It's all quite uncanny.

We are not averse to lies if we think we can get away with it (don't believe everything you read in this blog) and we like the good life (let me take another sip of champagne). We can also get very stressed if things aren't going well (please please 'follow' this blog). It's all true.

One of the snake's lucky numbers is 8 which is cool. I was born on the 8th, I live at 88, I used to live at 8, I'm married to someone born in the 8th month. I believe '8' anyway is a lucky number in Chinese culture so here's hoping.

Oh and although it's really best if a snake hooks up with an ox or a rooster, a horse will do. That's a relief.

Happy Chinese New Year



No comments:

Post a Comment