Tuesday 26 March 2013

In 'vest' ments

I may be breaking new ground here for new subjects to blog about. I wonder if anyone has ever blogged about vests! We love them at 88 or should I say my two children do. It's unseasonably cold here with a bitter east wind - probably quite balmy compared with other northern climes but quite chilly for us Brits. My two are fine - they have their vests on.

They always wear short sleeved vests - it's a hangover from when I was a child and always had to wear a vest. When I became a mum it was just in my psyche that vests had to be bought and placed cocoon-like on my child in loving cosiness. A very good friend always teases me about the vests - even in really warm weather the vests are de rigueur. In fact the met office should consult with us at 88 as to whether it's officially a heatwave or not depending on whether the vests have been discarded or not.


My son won't wear a hat nor gloves nor a coat if he can get away with it but he won't go without his vest. In fact for Christmas they got long sleeved thermal vests - you can tell Christmas is exciting at 88! I have to prise the thermal vests off them to wash both vest and child because they keep them so warm and cosy. They truely are their investments except these are inner coverings.

I dread the day when they say 'No' to their vests. It will come I know. But until that day - hooray for the vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment