Sunday 15 December 2013

I'll answer to anything

My son and daughter got a hand-delivered Christmas card from a neighbour's little boy this afternoon. He is in the school year between my two. The little love got my son's name right if spelt slightly wrongly but had rechristened my daughter completely. She will from henceforth be known as her new moniker of Ella. Bless!

I had to giggle as we've all been there. I have a few friends who I haven't seen in years. Thus far I always remember their names on the Christmas card but often struggle with their partner's name or their children's. No doubt I have made a boo-boo in years past or perhaps every year.

My friend told me how she always sends a card to her neighbour called Graham. She has sent one for 6 years to him and his family. This December she found out his name is Paul. She was mortified and apologised profusely. Graham's Paul's family has found this hilarious for 6 years and has insisted she continues to call him Graham. It has become a Christmas tradition to wait for the Christmas card for Graham.

No comments:

Post a Comment