Friday 24 January 2014

A right pickle

I got into a right pickle yesterday. What another fab phrase. I got all confused about some insurance I was taking out and the more confused I got the more mistakes I made and the deeper I dug my hole. But it wasn't a disastrous mess.

My son can't resist a pickled onion
It was a bit like my painting experiences where I get into a right pickle. It's a phrase that tells someone you have got yourself into a knot of mistakes but it's not the end of the world. You might be a bit hot under the collar but you could easily laugh yourself out of the pickle again.

I went for a walk with a friend the other day and we got into a right pickle in some mud. It has rained so much that the footpaths are just quagmires, get into the middle of the path and linger a moment and you start to sink. We felt a bit pickled.

No comments:

Post a Comment